Welcome to my 5th Disney Trip Report! I decided name this trip report WDW-40: 2016, because we were on holiday celebrating my 40th birthday! You can read all about the planning of this trip, and learn more about who we are in my Pre-Trip Planning Report here.
This is the Index for all of the days of this trip report – we went for a month, so there are a LOT of days to write about! It may also take me a while to get this trip report written, but I ALWAYS finish what I start when it comes to my Disney Trip Reports. Bookmark this page so that you know where to find it to catch up with the latest report, or better still, subscribe to the weekly newsletter to get the reports direct to your inbox!
Me – Michelle, 39 years old, but of course turning 40 when we are at Walt Disney World! I am the planner, photographer, trip report writer, and driver for our holidays to Walt Disney World and Orlando. I’m a plus-size woman, and this year I am still around a size 30/32. I’ve been to WDW at all sizes from a 24 to 32, so for all your plus size worries, I’m your gal.
Him – my husband Steve, 43 years old. He’s the pack horse, videographer, chief keeper of documents, and money manager when on hols. He keeps a track of everything dollar that we spend! He also loves to eat! I’m not sure where he puts it, but he knows his way around a Disney buffet!
WDW-40: 2016 / Disney Trip Report Index
My trip reports are photo heavy! I often include single images, or smaller galleries – either way, pages may take a little longer to load depending on your internet connection speed. You can click on gallery images to enlarge them. You will also be able to find all of the images from WDW-40 in my Flickr Collection of albums from this trip.
I start at Day 0 – I always have for my trip reports! This is because it’s the day before we fly, and not really part of the holiday (although, it kinda is!) This report ends on Day 30 – the links below will become active as I write each day. Allow up to a year (yes, seriously!) for me to get this finished!! If I can get it written sooner, then of course, I will!
- Day 0: This Looks Familiar » Premier Inn, Gatwick North
- Day 1: Take Off » Travel Day – LGW to MCO / Check In – Hyatt Regency, Orlando Airport
- Day 2: Ocean Drive » Check In – Disney’s Vero Beach Resort / Dinner at The Green Cabin
- Day 3: Room With A View » Disney’s Vero Beach Resort Tour
- Day 4: Just Keep Swimming » Pool Day / Lunch from Bleachers “On The Go”
- Day 5: Tropical Paradise » McKee Botanical Garden / Dinner from Shutters
- Day 6: Vero Beach » Beach Day / Lunch from Bleachers “On The Go”
- Day 7: Going Home » Check In – Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows / DVC Studio Room Tour / Dinner at ‘Ohana
- Day 8: Like Royalty » Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Tour / Dinner at Victoria & Albert’s
- Day 9: Two Parks, One Day » Animal Kingdom / Lunch at Tiffins / Magic Kingdom / Main Street Electrical Parade
- Day 10: Boo To You! » Shopping / Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Day 11: Happy Birthday To Me! » My 40th birthday at Magic Kingdom / Festival of Fantasy Parade / Lunch at Crystal Palace / Main Street Electrical Parade
- Day 12: A World Of Food » Epcot Food & Wine Festival / Wishes from Polynesian Village Resort Beach
- Day 13: Around The Rapids » Aquatica / Lunch at Banana Beach Cook-Out / Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse / HalloWishes from Ferry Dock
- Day 14: Splash » SeaWorld / Dinner at Bahama Breeze
- Day 15: The Pumpkin King » Pool Time / Lunch at Oasis Bar & Grill / Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Day 16: All Change » Disney Springs / Shopping / Dinner at Bahama Breeze
- Day 17: Dozing & Dole Whips » A Rest Day / Dinner at Captain Cook’s
- Day 18: All The Food » Epcot Food & Wine Festival
- Day 19: Wilderness Explorers » Animal Kingdom / Breakfast at Tusker House / Dinner at Olive Garden
- Day 20: Robots In Disguise » Universal Studios / Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe
- Day 21: Out Of Africa » Check In – Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village / Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian / Dinner at Jiko – The Cooking Place
- Day 22: Underwater World » Discovery Cove
- Day 23: Singing In The Rain » Shopping / Hollywood Studios / Dinner at Manny’s Chop House
- Day 24: It’s A Small World After All » Magic Kingdom / Dinner at Red Lobster
- Day 25: Spectacular, Spectacular! » La Nouba Cirque du Soleil / Dinner (Take-Out) from Bahama Breeze
- Day 26: Waking The Dragon » Islands of Adventures / Toothsome Chocolate Emporium / Dinner at Bahama Breeze
- Day 27: Heroes & Villains » Epcot / Hollywood Studios / Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular / Club Villain
- Day 28: I Was There » Walt Disney World’s 45th Anniversary / Magic Kingdom / Lunch at Tony’s Town Square / Check In – Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Day 29: Top Of The World » Brunch at California Grill / Travel Day – MCO to LGW
- Day 30: Back To Reality » Gatwick Airport to Home
Previous Disney Trip Reports
- Christmas at Disneyland Paris 2015
- Halloween In The Wilderness 2015
- Dine Around Disney 2014
- Back To The Magic 2013
- The First Time 2011
- Disneyland Paris 2010
The camera I used for the first time in Orlando: Canon EOS 70D.
The two main lenses I used: Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro and Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC Art. I also took a Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM Wide Angle Lens but I didn’t it use much.
I also take some photos on my iPhone6 for sharing on social media – follow DTTR on Instagram.
Waterpark photos are taken with: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5.
Videos are taken with Panasonic HC-V720, although the newer model is the Panasonic HC-V770.
Any photo editing is done with Paint Shop Pro X8, Photoshop CS5 or the Camera+ iPhone app.