Welcome to my 4th Walt Disney World, Orlando, trip report! This is the index from which you’ll find all of the posts for each day.
Until I transfer everything over from my other website – The Purple Pumpkin Blog, you’ll find crossovers between the two sites. it will also explain why some images have my watermark from aforementioned blog! It’s all me though!
Me – Michelle, 39 years old. I am the planner, photographer, trip report writer, and driver for our holidays to Walt Disney World and Orlando. I’m a plus size chick, and write about certain things from my perspective, so you’ll find plus size rider guides for the rides I went on (although, I didn’t do that many on this years trip). This year I was a size 30/32. I’ve been to Walt Disney World at all sizes from a 24 to 32, so for all your plus size worries, I’m your gal.
Him – Steve, 42 years old. He’s the pack horse, videographer, chief keeper of documents, and money manager when on hols. He keeps a track of every dollar that we spend!
The Boy – Liam, 16 years old. My son, and Steve’s step-son. He spent a lot of time on this trip looking down at his phone, as well as going off and doing his own thing when he got bored of being with us old folk!
You can read my Halloween In The Wilderness 2015 Pre-Trip Planning Report here.
You can read Back Home: Our Highs, Not So Highs, and Lows here.
If you’ve read my previous trip reports (Dine Around Disney 2014, Back To The Magic 2013, The First Time 2011, Disneyland Paris 2010), you’ll know that my reports are photo heavy – you can click on smaller images to enlarge them. You’ll find all of my photo albums from this trip in my Flickr Collection here.
The camera I use is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200.
I also take photos on my iPhone6 – all of those are on my Instagram: @MsPurplePumpkin.
Waterpark photos were on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5.
Videos are taken on our Panasonic V720. I’ll be uploading videos to my YouTube channel.
Any photo editing is done with Paint Shop Pro X3, Photoshop CS5 or the Camera+ iPhone app.
I use abbreviations on occasion. I will write them all on a separate page at some point, but here are the ones in this post – CS = Counter Service; TS = Table Service; TSB = Table Service Buffet
Halloween in the Wilderness 2015
- Day 0 – The Start Line: Premier Inn, Gatwick North
- Day 1 – Animation Station: Travel Day – LGW-MCO | Check in at Art of Animation | Disney Pizza Delivery (Dinner)
- Day 2 – Look At This Stuff: Resort Tour – Art of Animation | Bahama Breeze (Lunch)
- Day 3 – In The Wilderness: Landscape of Flavors (CS Breakfast) | Check in at Wilderness Lodge | Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Dinner)
- Day 4 – Eat Around The World: Farm Fresh, Scotland, Hawaii, Desserts & Champagne, Brazil, Belgium at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival | La Cantina de San Angel (CS Lunch) | Le Cellier (Signature Dining) | IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Day 5 – Welcome Home: Disney Vacation Club Open House Tour & Purchase | Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Lunch) | Cape May Cafe (TSB Dinner)
- Day 6 – Fine, Fancy, Fun: Kona Cafe (TS Breakfast) | Silver Creek Springs | Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (Dinner Show)
- Day 7 – Hey Mickey: 1900 Park Fare (Character Buffet Breakfast) | Magic Kingdom | Casey’s Corner (CS Lunch) | California Grill (Signature Dining) | HalloWishes
- Day 8 – In The Slow Lane: Roaring Fork (CS Lunch) | Shopping | Artist Point (Signature Dining)
- Day 9 – This Is Halloween: Boma – Flavors of Africa (TSB Breakfast) | Casey’s Corner (CS Lunch) | Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Day 10 – Water’s Edge: Trails End (TS Lunch) | Winter Summerland Minature Golf | The BOATHOUSE (Signature Dining)
- Day 11 – Eat ALL The Food: Ireland, Canada, France, Belgium, Japan, Italy, Brazil at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival | Yorkshire County Fish Shop (CS Lunch) | Eat To The Beat: Boyz II Men | Roaring Fork (CS Dinner)
- Day 12 – Thar She Blows: Typhoon Lagoon | Typhoon Tilly’s (CS Lunch) | Jiko – The Cooking Place (Signature Dining)
- Day 13 – Not Downtown Disney: Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Breakfast) | Shopping at Disney Springs | Wolfgang Puck Express (CS Lunch) | Boma – Flavors of Africa (TSB Dinner)
- Day 14 – That’s A Wrap: Greece, Dominican Republic, Refreshment Port, New Zealand, Patagonia, Australia, Craft Beers at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival | Electric Umbrella (CS Lunch) Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature Dining)
- Day 15 – What’s This?: Roaring Fork (CS Breakfast) | Disney Hollywood Studios | The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights | Hollywood Brown Derby (Signature Dining)
- Day 16 – On Safari: Tusker House (Character Breakfast) | Animal Kingdom | Narcoossees (Signature Dining)
- Day 17 – Dreams Come True: Magic Kingdom | Tony’s Town Square (TS Lunch) | Travel Home Day – MCO – LGW