For now, until I move content over, these links take you back to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, my other website 🙂
There’s me, Michelle, aged 37, and now addicted to planning holidays to Orlando! I’m the photographer, trip report writer and driver on our holidays to Orlando! I was supposed to lose weight for this holiday. I didn’t. It affected how much we did. And for this trip I was a size 30/32.
There’s him, Steve, aged 41. Chief keeper of documents, navigator, packhorse and videographer. His mission on holidays is usually to eat ALL the food! He loves his grub, and quite frankly, I don’t know where he puts it all!
There’s the boy, my son and Steve’s stepson, Liam, aged 15. Despite his increasing age and my fear about it all being too babyish for him, he loves going to Orlando and can’t wait to be back! He really gets involved with meeting characters and because of that, we always end up having a right laugh with the characters we meet. He eats a LOT, again, not sure where he puts it, and we’re going to be making the most of the dining plan on our 2014 trip with him!
If you’ve read my previous trip reports (Back to the Magic, August 2013 The First Time, August 2011 &Disneyland Paris, August 2010), you’ll know that my reports are photo heavy…you have been pre-warned! You’ll find all of my photo albums from this trip in my Florida 2014 Collection on Flickr.
I took this year’s photographs predominantly on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, as well as a few on myiPhone5 (all of those are on my Instagram). Waterpark photos were on my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5. Hubs did videography this year on a Panasonic V720. I’ll be uploading videos to my YouTube channel. Any photo editing is done with Paint Shop Pro X3, Photoshop CS5 or Camera+.
It’s gonna take me a while to go through photos (I took 8000 ) delete the rubbish ones, edit the good ones, put them into collages, gather my thoughts, write the report and publish them, but I will work through as quickly as time allows me!
I have worked out each day’s title, and here is what you can expect from my Dine Around Disney 2014 Trip Report. I will add links to each report as I write and share them!
- DAY 0 – SO IT BEGINS: Premier Inn at Heathrow Airport
- DAY 1 – WE HAVE LIFT OFF: Travel Day – LHR-ATL-MCO; Old Key West, Olivia’s Cafe (Dinner)
- DAY 2 – PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY: Magic Kingdom; The Crystal Palace (Character Breakfast); Columbia Harbour House (Counter Service Lunch); Narcoossee’s (Signature Dining); Wishes
- DAY 3 – ILLUMINATE THE POSSIBILITIES: Downtown Disney; Cape May Cafe (Character Breakfast); Kouzzina by Cat Cora (Dinner); Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- DAY 4 – LET IT GO: Hollywood Studios; Chef Mickey’s (Character Breakfast); Flying Fish Cafe (Signature Dining)
- DAY 5 – JAMBO JAMBO: Downtown Disney; Boma (Breakfast); Sanaa (Dinner)
- DAY 6 – JOURNEY TO ATLANTIS: Kennedy Space Center; Olivia’s Cafe (Breakfast); Lunch with an Astronaut; Yachtsmans Steakhouse (Signature Dining)
- DAY 7 – I’M A FIRESTARTER: Blizzard Beach, ‘Ohana (Character Breakfast); Spirit of Aloha (Dinner Show)
- DAY 8 – HELLO TOMORROW: Epcot; Akershus Royal Banquet (Character Breakfast); Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner)
- DAY 9 – HOOTENANNY: Downtown Disney; Fulton’s Crab House (Signature Dining); Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Dinner Show)
- DAY 10 – HELLFIRE: Villain’s Unleashed; Hollywood Brown Derby (Signature Dining); Rosie’s All-American Cafe (Counter Service); Fantasmic
- DAY 11 – FESTIVAL OF FANTASY: Magic Kingdom; Cinderella’s Royal Table (Character Breakfast); California Grill (Signature Dining); Wishes
- DAY 12 – THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT: Animal Kingdom; Tusker House (Character Lunch); Jiko The Cooking Place (Signature Dining)
- DAY 13 – BEEN AROUND THE WORLD: Epcot World Showcase; Restaurant Marrakesh (Lunch); Frozen Fireworks
- DAY 14 – DO AS DREAMERS DO: Winter Summerland Miniature Golf; Magic Kingdom; Casey’s Corner (Counter Service Lunch); Citricos (Signature Dining); Wishes
- DAY 15 – SEE YOU REAL SOON: DisneyQuest; Crossroads at House of Blues (Lunch); Travel Day – MCO-ATL-LHR