For now, until I move content over, these links take you back to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, my other website 🙂
After 3 fab weeks in Orlando, we are back home to reality and time for me to start writing up my trip report for our August 2013 trip back to the Magic!
If you are new to my trip reports allow me to introduce my family to you, or for this trip report, the cast!
Me – Michelle…36 years old (for a few more days yet anyway!) and a plus size chick. I include a ride size guide in my reports for those of you out there who might be worried about fitting into rides. I actually ended up going back to Florida bigger than our last trip, but still seemed to be fine. I am currently a size UK28. I am also crazy about taking photographs, I took over 7000 of them on this 22 day trip!
Hubs – Steve…40 years old and his main aim is to eat ALL the American food! On his list this year was turkey legs and dole whip! The holiday pack horse I’m afraid, holder of sun cream, ponchos, water, tickets and money! Also the videographer this time around!
The Boy – Liam…14 years old, and still just as excited to be going back to Orlando for our second visit. Luckily, not too stroppy of a teenager, but likely to get X-Box withdrawal symptoms!!
I’ve written all about us and our plans in my Back to the Magic Pre-Trip Report which will bring you up to speed 🙂
THE TRIP REPORT DAY BY DAY
- Day 0 – T-Minus: Gatwick North Premier Inn
- Day 1 – Come Fly With Me: Gatwick to Orlando with British Airways
- Day 2 – A Magical Lunch with Pooh: Magic Kingdom + Character Lunch at Crystal Palace
- Day 3 – Jungle VIP: Animal Kingdom + Character Breakfast at Tusker House
- Day 4 – Ohana Means Family: Dinner at ‘Ohana, Polynesian Resort
- Day 5 – In Blues We Trust: Gospel Bruch, House of Blues + Downtown Disney + Dinner at Chilis
- Day 6 – Tidal Wave: Typhoon Lagoon + Dinner at Bahama Breeze
- Day 7 – I Can Show You The World: Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream + Epcot World Showcase + Lunch at Biergarten | France | Morocco | Japan | The American Adventure | Italy | Germany | China | Norway |Mexico | United Kingdom | Canada | IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Day 8 – A Swim on the Wildside: Aquatica + Banana Beach Cook Out + Wildside Bar & Grill
- Day 9 – May The Force Be With You: Hollywood Studios + Miller’s Orlando Ale House
- Day 10 – Confessions of a Shopaholic: Houlihans + Shopping
- Day 11 – Let’s Go To The Movies: Universal Studios + Dinner at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co.
- Day 12 – Singing In The Rain: Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf (City Walk) + Islands of Adventure + Dinner at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
- Day 13 – What Kind of Sorcery Is This?: Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf + Downtown Disney + Dinner at Bongos Cuban Cafe
- Day 14 – Happy Feet: SeaWorld + Dinner at Red Lobster
- Day 15 – Figment of Imagination: Epcot + Lunch at La Cantina de San Angel
- Day 16 – Something Wicked This Way Comes: Halloween Shopping + Sonny’s Real Pit BBQ
- Day 17 – Second Star To The Right: Character Breakfast at Chef Mickeys, Contemporary Resort + Magic Kingdom + Dinner at Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Day 18 – Island Hopping: Rest Day + Lunch at Bahama Breeze + Take Out from Bamboo Wok
- Day 19 – The Amber Nectar: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure + Margaretaville
- Day 20 – Finding Dory: Discovery Cove (Non-Swim) + Dinner at Olive Garden
- Day 21 – Four Corners of the World: Hollywood Studios + Animal Kingdom + Epcot + Magic Kingdom + Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse
- Day 22 – Bon Voyage: Orlando to Gatwick with British Airways
- Day 30 – Back Home A Week: A Second Timers Highs and Not So Highs.
I often get asked about my trip report photography, so here is all the info you might need! Any questions, please feel free to message me – there’s a form in the sidebar!
I took this year’s photographs predominantly on my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, as well as a few on my iPhone5 (all of those are on my Instagram). Waterpark/pool photos were on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT2. I won’t be sharing all 7000 photographs – many will see the recycle bin! All the photos I do share will be in my Florida 2013 Flickr Collection.
Hubs did videography this year on a Panasonic Lumix V720. I’ll be uploading videos to my YouTube Channel.
Any photo editing is done with Paint Shop Pro X3, Photoshop CS5 or Camera+ app.
Finally, there you’ll find all of my Walt Disney World + Orlando Tips here!