Our Gideon’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies Copycat Recipe is the ultimate treat for cookie lovers everywhere!
With a perfect blend of sweet and salty, this recipe captures the magic of the famous Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs, allowing you to recreate the giant cookies at home!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Our Full Disclosure Policy
Gideon’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies Copycat Recipe
Bring home a taste of Gideon’s Bakehouse with our copycat recipe for Gideon’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies.
The heart of these delicious cookies lies in their rich peanut butter flavor, enhanced by the honey-roasted peanuts.
You’ll find the recipe at the end of this blog post, but first, what’s all the hype about?
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
What Is Gideon’s Bakehouse?
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a renowned, Victorian-themed bakery owned by Steve Lewis that offers a heavenly assortment of handmade cookies and delectable treats.
The original Gideon’s Bakehouse at East End Market, Orlando, opened in October 2016 and expanded to the heart of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World in 2021.
With a charming rustic ambiance and a mouthwatering display of goodies, this bakery is a must-visit for dessert enthusiasts!
Gideon’s cookies and cakes take over 24 hours to prepare and are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
So to get the best choices from the bakery case, get to the new Disney Springs location early!
Gideon’s Bakehouse Virtual Queue
But be warned: waiting to grab one of these delectable treats can be hours…
Gideon’s Bakehouse has implemented a virtual queue system to manage the high demand and ensure a smooth experience for visitors.
This system allows guests to join a virtual line from their mobile devices and receive real-time updates on their estimated wait time.
This means you no longer have to physically wait in a long line outside the bakery—perfect for those super hot Central Florida days!
Join the virtual queue, explore the Disney Springs area, and receive a notification when it’s your turn to indulge in Gideon’s delicious treats.
Is it worth the wait? Absolutely!
What is So Special About Gideon’s Bakehouse?
At Gideon’s Bakehouse, their goodies are 100% handmade FROM SCRATCH every day!
They are known for their signature cookie, the “Half Pound Original Chocolate Chip Cookie,” which took 15 years to perfect!
Baked to perfection, this massive cookie is crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, and loaded with generous chunks of high-quality chocolate.
Whether you’re a chocolate lover or prefer unique flavors like Pistachio Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe coming soon!) or Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gideon’s Bakehouse has a chewy cookie that will satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth.
Does Gideon’s Bakehouse Only Sell Cookies?
Half-pound cookies are not the only star at Gideon’s Bakehouse.
Their menu also features an array of tempting cake slices and double-frosted cakes, each crafted with the utmost care and attention to detail.
From the traditional buttermilk True Red Velvet to the tantalizing Andes Mint Cookies & Cream Cake, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
In addition to their delicious treats, Gideon’s Bakehouse also offers locally sourced coffee and specialty beverages to complement your dessert experience.
Pair your favorite cookie with a perfectly brewed coffee or a cold glass of milk to complete your visit.
Whether visiting Disney Springs with friends, family, or on a solo adventure, stop by Gideon’s Bakehouse location for a truly memorable and indulgent culinary experience.
Prepare yourself to be whisked away on a journey of flavors and sweetness that will leave you craving more!
- Perfect blend of creamy and crunchy.
- Easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
- Ideal for any occasion or just a treat for yourself.
- Made with simple, high-quality ingredients.
What Can I Serve With Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies?
Printable Gideon’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies Copycat Recipe Card
The printable recipe card is below. To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
Remember to leave a star rating and review the recipe to share your experience with others!
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⅔ cups cake flour*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 3 cups peanut butter baking chips, divided
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts, divided
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4. Line several baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set them aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer or standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the cold butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high and continue beating for a further 2-3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl and mix until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift or whisk the baking soda, cornstarch, salt, cake flour, and all-purpose flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture one cup at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Divide the peanut butter chips and honey-roasted peanuts between two bowls, set one aside, and add the other to the cookie mixture. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Divide the dough into portions using a large cookie scoop. Roll each dough scoop into a ball, and lightly press the top of the dough ball into the peanut mixture, ensuring it is well covered. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle each one with sea salt. Place only six dough balls per tray, ensuring there is plenty of space between each one.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently press more peanut mixture on top of each cookie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool the cookies before serving. Enjoy!
- *Cake Flour is a finely milled flour with lower protein content and less gluten. It is lighter and softer than all-purpose flour. Using it in cookies makes them softer, fluffier, and more cake-like.
- You can make your own cake flour by measuring 1 leveled cup of all-purpose (plain flour), removing 2 tablespoons, and adding 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (cornflour). Sift well before using.
- Store in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Freeze unbaked dough balls for up to 3 months.
- To enjoy later, bake frozen dough balls by adding 2-3 minutes to the baking time.
- Ensure the butter is cold for a fluffier texture.
- Use high-quality peanut butter for the best flavor.
- Don't overmix the dough to maintain the soft texture.
- Space out the cookies well to prevent merging.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1029Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 853mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 7gSugar: 41gProtein: 29g