We visited our first Epcot Food & Wine festival in 2015, and had a fab time trying out the different dishes and drinks. You can read all about our time spent at the Food & Wine Festival in my Halloween in the Wilderness 2015 Trip Report.
We enjoyed it so much, that we planned our Walt Disney World 2016 holiday around the estimated start date – based on 2015 – so was pretty excited that it actually starts on September 14th, 2016 (my birthday!) until November 14th, 2016. A whole extra nine days for the Festival, presented by Chase at Walt Disney World Resort in 2016, growing from 53 to 62 delicious days. Plus there are new interactive culinary experience and debut new marketplace tastes from around the world.
Growing each year since 1996, it is one of America’s top food festivals. The Epcot event features inspired flavors at more than 30 global marketplaces.
For a second year, global marketplaces will extend into Future World to offer a wider range of taste sensations. Culinary icons like Cat Cora, Norman Van Aken, Masaharu Morimoto, Elizabeth Falkner, Buddy Valastro and Jamie Deen will entertain foodies and inspire their palates at new and returning premium events that include reimagined Party for the Senses grand tastings with new concepts and themes.
Festival guests can pair wines, beers and ciders with savoury and sweet dishes as they stroll the World Showcase Promenade using their complimentary festival passports as a guide.
New marketplace menus debut and festival favourites return
- Guests can choose a favourite hard soda to mix with vanilla ice cream for a sweet treat at Desserts & Champagne marketplace.
- A savoury vegan dish will debut at the Greece marketplace
- The popular Farm Fresh marketplace will showcase Florida’s bounty with new savoury dishes.
Multiple new Eat to the Beat concert acts debut; fan favorites return to play 186 festival concerts, in all.
- Wang Chung (Everybody Have Fun Tonight!) will open the Eat to the Beat concert series Sept. 14-15.
- More new acts in the concert series lineup, including Delta Rae and Toad The Wet Sprocket.
- Other popular acts, including Wilson Phillips, Boyz II Men and Jeffrey Osbourne, will return to the America Gardens Theatre stage this autumn.
Ratatouille returns — Chef Remy of “Ratatouille” returns with his fun-for-the-family culinary scavenger hunt – check out my Remy Pins from 2015 in my video below!
The popular Festival Private Label California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are back and available by the bottle or by the glass.
Festival Center highlights will include the complimentary Back to Basics weekend series featuring epicurean tips and tricks from the pros, book and bottle signings and The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar, hosted by Ghirardelli and offering guest samples.
Rest and recharge at the Chase Lounge – Chase debit and credit card members – including Disney Visa card members — will find complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable seating for a relaxing break at the Chase Lounge at American Adventure.
Plan for a premium adventure:
- Rockin’ Burger Block Party and Party for the Senses grand tasting events will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips from eminent chefs and beverage experts plus new live entertainment.
- New resort premium events to book will include a Grand Floridian brunch with a twist and a new cooking school experience.
Included with Epcot Admission:
Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.
As more info is released about Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2016, I’ll be back with an update.