Welcome to my 6th Disney Trip Report – Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017! So named because we were staying at our DVC Home Resort – Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (that’s the hibiscus), and we were going at Christmas time! (That’s the holly.)
In years gone by I have also written a pre-trip planning report, detailing all the things I was doing to plan for our upcoming trip. However, 2017 went by in a bit of a blur due to family issues, and so many things fell to the wayside, including the upkeep of my blogs and writing posts.
That all said, I did start writing a pre-trip report over on my other blog, which you can read here, and I’m now making a start on the actual trip report so you’ll find everything out anyway!
This is the Index for all of the days of this trip report – And I’m going to preface it with the following, just in case!! It may also take me a while to get this trip report written, but I ALWAYS finish what I start when it comes to my Disney Trip Reports.
Why not bookmark this page so that you know where to find it to catch up with the latest report, or better still, join The Disney Trippers to get the reports direct to your inbox!
Me – Michelle, 41 on this trip – you’re never to old for Disney! When it comes to our holidays, anywhere in the world, I am the planner/organiser, trip report writer, photographer, and driver. I’m a plus-size woman, and have been to Walt Disney World at various sizes through the years from size 24 – 34. On this trip I am the biggest I have ever been, and I’ll be outright honest from the get-go, it was tough going. I write about [some] of the rides, and experiences as a plus-size guest, and often receive emails from readers that are concerned about fitting in rides, in plane seats, and other questions. I am always open and honest – my size is not something I can hide, and I’ve learned to embrace it somewhat in being able to help others. You can always email me with your personal concerns, and I will do my best to help you out.
Him – Steve, celebrated his 45th birthday when we were there! He’s the pack horse, videographer, chief keeper of documents, and money manager when on hols. He keeps a track of every dollar and cent that we spend. He also loves to eat! I’m not sure where he puts it, but he knows his way around a Disney buffet!
The Boy – Liam, 18 years old on this trip, (not so much a boy any more, but The Man just reminds me too much of the character in Z-Nation!!) my son, and Steve’s step-son. This is Liam’s return holiday to Walt Disney World as he didn’t come with us in 2016. As soon as I told him we were thinking of going for Christmas and would he like to come with us this time, it was an immediate yes! I’ve always been lucky that I don’t have a moody teenager on my hands – he has as much fun as we do when meeting characters, and going on rides! He loves a good American hamburger, and he exists on those and steak when we go out for dinner! Gutted that he couldn’t drink beer as the drinking age is 21 in the USA.
Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 / Disney Trip Report Index
My trip reports are photo heavy! I include single images, or smaller galleries – either way, pages may take a little longer to load depending on your internet connection speed. You can click on gallery images to enlarge them. You will also be able to find all of the images from Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 in my Flickr Collection of albums from this trip. (Updated when I start uploading!)
I start at Day 0 – I always have for my trip reports! This is because it’s the day before we fly, and not really part of the holiday (although, it kinda is!) This report ends on Day 15 – the links below will become active as I write each day. Please allow me 6 – 12 months to get this finished!! If I can get it written sooner, then of course, I will!
Oh, and one more thing, in the blog post titles, I will be shortening down the name of this trip report to: H&H@TP 2017
- Day 0: Headed South » Hilton London Gatwick Airport (South Terminal) / In-Room Dining
- Day 1: Here We Go Again! » Travel Day – LGW-MCO / Check-in: Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows / Dinner from Captain Cook’s
- Day 2: Tonight We Feast! » Magic Kingdom / Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace / Polynesian Twilight Feast (In-Room Dining)
- Day 3: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 1 » Art of Animation / Pop Century / Caribbean Beach / Old Key West / Port Orleans French Quarter / Lunch at Sassagoula Float Works & Food Factory / Port Orleans Riverside / Wilderness Lodge / Dinner from Captain Cook’s
- Day 4: Night Blossom & Gingerbread » Animal Kingdom / Breakfast at Tusker House / Pandora – The World of Avatar / Snack from Satu’li Canteen / Drink from Pongu Pongu / Gingerbread House & Christmas Tree at Grand Floridian
- Day 5: Festival of The Holidays » Epcot / Epcot International Festival Of The Holidays / Happily Ever After Fireworks from Poly
- Day 6: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party » Disney Springs / Lunch at Planet Hollywood / Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Day 7: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 2 » Polynesian / Breakfast at Kona Cafe / Shopping at Super Target / All Star Sports / All Star Music / Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern / Happily Ever After Fireworks
- Day 8: Hubby’s 45th Birthday » Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail / Lunch at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ / Dole Whips from Pineapple Lanai / Christmas Wishes from Poly
- Day 9: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 3 » Beach Club / Lunch from Beach Club Marketplace / Yacht Club / BoardWalk / Ice Cream from Ample Hills Creamery / Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kidani Village / Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House / Coronado Springs / Dinner at Maya Grill
- Day 10: A Star Wars Kinda Day » Breakfast at The Wave / Contemporary / Hollywood Studios / Magic Kingdom
- Day 11: Easy Like Sunday Morning » Sunday Brunch at California Grill / Disney Springs / Drinks at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto / Christmas Wishes from Poly
- Day 12: Fire & Water » Pool Time / Lunch at Oasis Pool Bar & Grill / Hollywood Studios /Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Holiday Firework Show / Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
- Day 13: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 4 » Saratoga Springs / Animal Kingdom / Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue / All Star Movies / Tree of Life Awakenings / Bahama Breeze Take-Out
- Day 14: The Story of Christmas » Epcot / Lunch at Biergarten / Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris
- Day 15: ‘Ohana Means Family » Breakfast at ‘Ohana / Travel Day MCO-LGW
Previous Disney Trip Reports
- WDW-40, 2016
- Christmas at Disneyland Paris 2015
- Halloween In The Wilderness 2015
- Dine Around Disney 2014
- Back To The Magic 2013
- The First Time 2011
- Disneyland Paris 2010
Disclosure: The links below are Amazon Affiliate Links. If you clicked on a link and made a purchase, I would earn a commission from the sale. It doesn’t cost you any extra, but affiliate income helps me to keep producing content on this blog. Thank you.
The camera I use is a Canon EOS 70D.
The two main lenses I use: Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro and Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC Art.
I also take some photos on my iPhone7 for sharing on social media – follow DTTR on Instagram.
Pool photos are taken with: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5, although this model doesn’t seem to be as available any more. A similar model is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30EB-A
Videos are taken with Panasonic HC-V720, although the newer model is the Panasonic HC-V770.
Any photo editing is done with Photoshop CS5 or with Instagram editing features and filters.