For now, until I move content over, these links take you back to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, my other website 🙂
In August 2011, we (my hubs, son and I) had the holiday of a (once in a) lifetime to Orlando, Florida, USA. We went for 3 awesome weeks, and it really was the best holiday ever!!
Hubs and I joined a UK Disney forum so we could find out as much as we could about what Orlando (and it’s theme parks!) has to offer, along with tips and ideas and must dos etc. I wrote a trip report for each day we were out there and shared it with the forum. It was a great success…I loved writing it and sharing our trip with fellow, like minded readers.
If you’re planning a trip to Florida, you might find my trip report of great use, as I tried my best to give as much detail as possible for first timers! If you have been many times, or are an American, you may find this trip report highly amusing as I get excited about going to regular stores, or buying products!
All I hope, is that if you do read my trip report, you enjoy it!
This blog post will act as that index instead…you can always come back here and visit another day, read about what we did and look at all the photos that I so proudly took!
Speaking of photos, I took the majority of our holiday pics on my iPhone4. It was so handy to carry about, took some great shots and I was able to edit and upload whilst on holiday! Some days I did use one of the 3 Lumix cameras – the DMC-FZ18, the DMC-TZ18 and the waterproof DMC-FT2 – that we also took with us! Full sets from each day can be found on my Flickr. You can also follow my photos on Instagram – @MsPurplePumpkin…
You can read all about who we are and our planning in my Pre-Trip Report here.
- Day 0 – To Gatwick & Beyond!
- Day 1 – Up, Up & Away!
- Day 2 – Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary: Downtown Disney and Paradiso 37 Restaurant
- Day 3 – Our 1st Orlando Theme Park: Islands of Adventure and Mythos Restaurant
- Day 4 – The Three Ps: Ponderosa, Publix and Pool
- Day 5 – Universally Speaking: Universal Studios and Mel’s Drive In
- Day 6 – It’s A Breeze!: Bahama Breeze, Super Target and Michaels
- Day 7 – Monde de la Mer: SeaWorld and Shark’s Underwater Grill
- Day 8 – Hooray for Hollywood!: Hollywood Studios, Hollywood & Vine and Cracker Barrel
- Day 9 – A Sonny Day at the Lake: Sonny’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q, Dairy Queen and Lake Louisa State Park
- Day 10 – The Circle of Life: Animal Kingdom and Tusker House Character Breakfast
- Day 11 – Seafood & Shopping: Red Lobster, Factory Outlets and Premium Outlets
- Day 12 – On Safari: Busch Gardens, Serengeti Safari Tour and Zambia Smokehouse
- Day 13 – El Parque Acuático: Aquatica and Banana Beach Cookout
- Day 14 – We Hop Downtown: IHop, Downtown Disney and Earl of Sandwich
- Day 15 – The Giant Golf Ball!: Epcot and Teppan Edo
- Day 16 – Another Adventure: Golden Corral and Islands of Adventure
- Day 17 – Let’s Make some Magic!!: Magic Kingdom and Golden Corral
- Day 18 – When Otters Meet: Bahama Breeze
- Day 19 – The Sequel: Hollywood Studios Revisited and Pizza Planet
- Day 20 – Swimming with Capricorn: Discovery Cove
- Day 21 – Goodbye Mr. Mouse: Magic Kingdom, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café and Bahama Breeze
- Day 22 – Going Home: Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Café and MCO-Gatwick
- Home a Week – A first timers highs and not so highs
These were the titles of all my posts – they were written to help other forum members, especially first-timers to Orlando, and to share our experiences and thoughts about various theme parks, restaurants etc. I also provided a plus-size rider point of view, and this was very helpful to a lot of readers, of which I’m proud. I’m still losing weight, and by the time we go next year (YES! We are going back…so much for once in a lifetime trip!) I hope to be a ‘normal sized person’ without having to worry what rides I can and can’t go on.
And with that, I’m off…I would like to get the first post written up today, but I’m busy with party planning so may not get the chance. I plan on sharing a day a week, on a Friday…so stay tuned!
I’m now also writing my pre-trip report for when we go back to the magic in Summer 2013, come join me as I plan that trip!